Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 2

It is difficult for me to not have something sweet at breakfast time!  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  The best way to avoid temptation is for me to grab a ww roll & run out of the kitchen.  It never lasts long, as kids need me, but that initial morning craving is gone by then.

After I survived breakfast - really enjoyed breakfast of fresh bread & some blueberries, I was ready to face the day.  Today was a big day, not just because of 7.  I was dry needled today.

But first, we went to AMP's swimming lessons.  I forgot to say that he was bumped into level 2 for this session, which BLOWS my mind.  Just a mere 2 weeks ago my boy was AFRAID, TERRIFIED - would go in to complete hysterics when water would get on his face/in his eyes.  In level one, he did bobs & boy, o, boy, did he do bobs!  I couldn't believe my eyes!!  His teacher would talk him down & then he would try again.  At the end of last week we had free passes to Noah's Ark - I was not expecting much.  But AMP wanted to go down every water slide he was tall enough for!!  So. Proud.

After lessons, I dropped the kids at our amazing, wonderful neighbor's, GmaB.  She is a blessing!  All our family is 2+ hours away, making doctor appts & more difficult to do during the day & paying a babysitter for 4 is expensive!!

Off to my Dr. appt.  I've been having problems w/ my pelvis - lots of pain & instability.  This is my second round of PT & I am honestly a bit frustrated.  Not at anyone, but at how stinking difficult it is to get back to  some sort of 'normalcy.'  It's been determined that the ligaments are loose from 3 pregnancies - one being a twin pregnancy.  They finally gave me an elastic belt that stabilizes my pelvis for when I'm walking or standing.  It's uncomfortable to sit in, so I'm finding that I'm not wearing it much . . . since I'm so up & down with the kids.

This appointment was special.  As I mentioned earlier, we're trying some dry needling therapy.  So much of my pain is coming from muscles that are what they refer to as 'corded.'  Essentially an acupuncture type needle is inserted repeatedly into a muscle trigger point.  What happens if they hit the trigger point is that it causes the corded muscle to spasm -completely involuntarily.  The expected results are a muscle that is much more relaxed & stretched out.  It's not the most comfortable procedure, but definitely not too terrible that I won't do it again.

After needling 2 trigger points & not being able to find a third, I meandered down to my PT appointment where we focused on stretching & pain relief . . . & get me fitted for my belt.  As I left was the really difficult point.  I was pretty cold & I realized that I was a little traumatized.  All I wanted was to hold a hot cup of coffee & sip is slowly.  But alas, coffee did not make my list.  I walked out of the clinic fighting back tears, a little bit more scared about the next 28 days.

The rest of the day was less eventful.  I had asked J to take the afternoon off because the Dr. had told me that I would be quite sore, needing to rest, stretch & keep heat on my muscles.

For my big feat of the day I thought I'd hard boil some eggs.  This went well, until I thought I had turned the burner off & went to take a bath (while everyone else was napping).  Upon emerging from the steamy bathroom, an  unpleasant sulfur-y smell assaulted my nostrils.  Uh, oh.  Looks like I checked the wrong nob on the stove.  My eggs were sitting on a very dry surface.  They're a little tougher than usual & have grey around the yolks, but thankfully, it's pretty hard to ruin a hard boiled egg.  

No comments:

Post a Comment