Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 1

Well, day 1 of  7:Food Fast has come & gone.  It was a bit easier than I thought.  Really, I can't be happier since I'm making my own bread.  If I had to eat pre-made, preservative-packed, store-bought bread I think I'd be in trouble.  Everything was going great until after lunch I . . .

1) popped a graham cracker in my mouth during the kids snack time - completely out of habit.  After a few seconds, my brain awoke from the 3 hour nap I had just taken with La, A & B, & I realized what I had done.

2) realized that I forgot to call our dinner invite & explain our weird food fast thing . . . so, with much prayer from J & I, we decided it best to honor our friends & not make a fuss.  We enjoyed some of the best steak I've ever had, but stuck to our 7 with everything else we ate that night.

We had a great evening with our friends.  During the school year we don't see each other much - their 4 kids are in public schools & they also participate afterschool sports & such.  So, this dinner was very much a reunion!  I had goosebumps as K told us how God rocked his world by giving him a new job - his dream job teaching high school sciences.  A shared about how God has been walking with her & she has felt so close & loved by Him.  Their kids LOVED on ours like crazy!  It was a blessed evening & am so thankful for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment