Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Random Happening

I'm still laughing about this.  That's how good it was.

Now for some back story:  Twin A had a goopy, puffy & teeny-tiny bit- red eye yesterday.  So, as a good Momma should, I scheduled an appointment, because if it is pink eye, we don't want to spread it.

8:10 this morning, I finally have all the kids in the van after searching for a lost croc for about 15 minutes while giving orders to put on coats & shoes of known location; sneaking gulps of coffee & bites of toast. After our 10 minute ride in, 10 minutes to unload & walk at a 2 year old's pace to the reception desk, we are now 10 minutes late.  Thankfully our Peds Dr. is AWESOME!!

So, we have one pink-eyed twin.  Getting through check out was insane trying to keep him from touching all the stickers they have lying around.  Thankfully he was in a snuggle-y mood & I could just hold him . . . as long as my defective S-I joints hold up.

The trek back out through the building wasn't so rushed.  I didn't need to be back for my PT appointment for another hour . . . but wait . . . we need to stop at the pharmacy for his antibiotics.  Ugh!  Oh, look!  A drinking fountain complete w/ a dispenser full of paper cups!  Unplanned pit stop, check!

After 10 more minutes & half a bottle of hand sanitizer later, we are heading out the door.  At the edge of the parking lot I successfully get all 5 of us holding hands - first time in months!  We almost make it to the van before I hear a familiar & friendly voice!  It's a good friend I haven't seen in months!  (Her kids are older & they like to go skiing . . . like alot! and some other cool places.)

While we chat, AMP tries to be buddies w/ her near 13 yr old who has his eyes dilated & isn't too happy about it.  La & Twin B just wants to show off to my friends 6.5 yr old . . .  All the while, Twin A is sitting patiently in the passenger seat playing with the light master switch in the van . . .

And you think you now were this is going, don't you?

Sadly, we don't talk that long as we both need to get moving.  So, I get all the kids buckled in.  Climb in myself, buckle, start up the van & oh!  Look at the clock!  It's 10:04!!!  Keeerrrrrappp!  I'm late for my PT appt. & I still have the kids!!  BLURG!

Talk about confusion on everyone's faces as I pull . . . no . . . yank bodies out of the van.  I practically am running with the twins in my arms, dragging AMP & a bag of books for them to read.  La is like a deer in head lights, except that her feet are moving - keeping her close to me.  After the LONGEST wait ever for the elevator, we shuffle in.  Have I mentioned before that the twins don't much care for elevators??  There are almost tears.

Finally, the reception desk!   I state my name & who I'm seeing to receive a confused look and, "I don't see you here," from the receptionist.  I replied, explaining the call from yesterday moving my original 9:30 appt. to 10.  Then it dawns on me to look at their clock . . . .

It's 9:28.

With many hugs, lots of thanks & laughs, the kids & I loaded up the next elevator.  I got them back home to the neighbors & made it to my appointment on time.

Thank you Jesus for giving me peace during the craziness today.  Even though I may have been firm & rushed, you gave me grace to get through it.  I did not yell at them.  I did laugh lots & hug them lots.  I showed them love when I could have done much, much worse.  Thank you for loving me where I am at, so I am free to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment