Saturday, May 12, 2012

Confessions

Ok . . . are you ready for this one?  It's a whopper.

I really like zombies.  But not the uber gorey, fast-moving & smart ones.  I really like it when they are more put-together, slow & dumb.

My husband is a huge zombie fan thanks to some zombie movie from years ago.  I've personally never seen this life-altering movie.  From J's talk about it, I can remember is that there are lots of zombies & a mall.  It must be from the 80's if there's a mall.

So, he is the one responsible for this.  Back, probably when AMP was just a babe, he rented Shaun of the Dead.  I immediately rolled my eyes & announced that I was going to keep prepping for the AP biology class I was currently teaching.

My desire to be snuggling w/ my husband won out.  Within minutes, the biology textbooks were abandoned.  I was cozied up to my dearest & prepared to watch a movie I would not enjoy.

ha!  I was a fool!  I laughed my hinder off.  Except at the end where I was on the uneasy side of things.  But it wasn't enough to keep me away.

Then Zombieland was released.  Not what we were hoping for, but still had plenty of laughs & zombie action.

Fast forward about 5 years.  I have listening to J tell me about the latest zombie book he heard about or is reading.  Most captivating was World War Z.  J would spend hours telling me about the story, what he'd do if he were part of a war on zombies or if he had written the book himself.  I have to admit, I enjoyed every minute & encouraged his imagination.  What's better is that it was turned into a screenplay &  is being filmed right now!!  J (& I) anxiously await World War Z in June 2013.

Now, I'm not innocent here.  I've sought out my own zombie materials.  I have had the pleasure of reading Zombies vs. UnicornsPride & Prejudice & Zombies:  Dawn of the Dreadfuls as well as Pride & Prejudice & Zombies.  I hope to enjoy Pride & Prejudice & Zombie:  Dreadfully Ever After, the third & final installment in the tepid trilogy.  And when I say tepid, I'm not referring to the writing or my enjoyment - rather the temperature of the dreadfuls blood.  hehehe.

I haven't even gotten to the best part!  The Walking Dead is an original series on AMC.  They just finished up their second season & I am in ♥.  It's not so much zombie as it is about survival, family & treating others by the second greatest commandment.  But the zombies are they way I like 'em . . . with a little extra gore sprinkled in (I close my eyes for those parts).

I hope you won't think any differently of me, now you know this teeny-tiny secret of mine.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment