Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Our Little Garden is GROWING!!


Before I left for my little weekend craft retreat on Friday AM, our little garden had teeny-tiny, little sprout just beginning to peek out of the soil.  But when I returned on Sunday evening , what I saw . . . well <insert jaw drop!> . . . WOW!!  When we build the raised bed & green house, I wasn't quite so sure what to expect.  Here's a photo of AMP, LaLa & I tending to it yesterday.  (Don't judge the photo skills - by the time I realized I had my hand & a ton of plastic we were done watering, & AMP & LaLa were busy romping around w/ the twins.)


On the far left  to right are snap peas, bush beans & variety lettuce.  Past the lettuce is basil & then cliantro (which I'm not sure sprouted).  Back left is pole beans - which are growing like weeds!!  Time to get the trellis built!

Aside:  I over planted the lettuce for a reason.  In Bird N' Blooms, I read an article about Goldfinches also being known as lettuce birds, because they LOVE lettuce seeds.  It spoke about letting some of your lettuce go to seed in the garden.  I'm going to try this in our garden & see what results we can get.  ♥ Gold finches ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment