Monday, May 14, 2012

Jumping In

I ran across this book awhile ago:  7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess - probably in the SL forums.  It sounded interesting enough, so I added on the To Read list.  Eventually, I reserved a copy at the library & it arrived for pick up last week.

After reading the first 2 pages, I was overwhelmed.   I can't read this book alone.  I need others to surround me, to experience it, to discuss it & to hold me accountable.

In minutes, I jumped on FB, created an event, invited a around 70 friends to read it with me.

I didn't think first.  I just knew.  Now I wonder, what in the world have I just done??  Do I really feel like sharing my deepest, darkest . . . blech?  No.  But will it help me to be transformed into the image of Christ?  Yes.

Today is the day I find out who will be at my side.  Some friends are MILES away & we will have a FB group to discuss.  Some friends are right in town or nearby & we will try to meet once a week.

Some friends even want to try the mutiny experiment themselves.  I'm not sure I want to.  Probably for selfish reasons.

I'm scared.  Terrified.  How am I supposed to lead??  (insert deep defeated sigh here.)

Thankfully, I have a God who loves me & accepts me & gives me room to make mistakes so that I can grow & change.  So begins a new journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment