Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Literally, Rollin' Along

Yesterday we officially began little J's Kindergarten school year. It was unexpected, unplanned & somehow went perfectly. I had mentioned to little J a few times that school would start soon, but had it in my mind & on my calendar that we would start on August 22. Instead, I had a strong urge to have a little bit of routine back into our day, announcing, "Hey, J! Get ready for some school today!" In my mind we'd just do a little math & reading - a slow start, gear up a little more each week - easing into it all. So, after A&B (the twins of 16 mths) went napping, I got J working on some Singapore Math while I set S (3 yrs) up in her room w/ the Leapfrog Alphabet Factory DVD. Both were brimming with excitement. J needed some assistance with writing his numbers, but quickly got back into it. He zipped through his math, asked to do more, followed by, "OK, what's next?" I told him we were done, but he did not want to be done. We continued on, rolling with the flow. S came down before her video was finished & we completed the rest of the day's subjects together: spelling - check, science - check, history - check, readers - check!! WOW!! So much easier than I expected. I hope today will be just as wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment