Friday, September 30, 2011

Has it really been a month already?!?

Wow! The time sure flies by! We've had a busy month of September. A wedding, camping without the twins, me on a weekend craft retreat & then Jarrod working the weekend we have been running! This month our small group started back up & so did AWANA. I didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted. Looks like I better be a better blogger in October. :)

The wedding was fun - we all danced. S decided she really, really likes The Cha Cha Slide. It's pretty fun & she does wonderful job following the directions - Jump 1 time! The boy-os were amazed with all the lights at the DJ booth and were adored by every little girl there. I'm glad neither likes to be picked up right now as it makes it easy to say, "No, you can't hold them. They don't like to be picked up." Lil'J was another story. He only wanted to play with the few toys that Grandma brought. I was thankful that he was kept busy, but I know that he really likes to dance . . . so I was a little disappointed.

Camping . . . something was missing. We left the boy-os home with G&G and I really felt it. My family was not complete & it was pretty difficult for me to truly enjoy myself. I wasn't worried about the twins. I knew they were in good hands. But Jarrod, Lil'J, S & I did have large amounts of fun. We found a frog on a night walk around the campground. Campfires were fun - the 2 kids enjoyed watching me cook on them & throwing sticks in the fire(with permission). We spent a morning hiking, a full afternoon at the beach & the following morning packing up, followed by a trip to the nature center. We also have a tradition, started 3 years ago on our first family camping trip, that we do something train related. Our first year we went to a train museum, the second year we went to a miniature scale RR & this year we went to a restaurant that served your food by train.

My weekend away was wonderful! I accomplished alot. I finished a bag I'm working on as a gift. I made a T-shirt for one of the staff & . . . I FINISHED MY QUILT TOP!! I don't have any photos yet. BOOO! The time with my girls was refreshing & energizing! I have missed them so this summer! Getting away helped me relax, catch up on some sleep & arrive home ready to chase & coach my kids again.

The last weekend in September, Jarrod worked. Those weekends are always long. Thankfully he takes the following Monday off so the kids can have some Daddy time.

And now, it's October?!?! WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment